Eight individuals have been injured in a serious fireplace that broke out at an Indian Oil Company petrol pump close to Raj Bhavan in Bhubaneswar on Wednesday, police mentioned.
Two of the injured are important and have been shifted to SCB Medical Faculty & Hospital in Cuttack, mentioned LD Sahu, director of Capital Hospital, the place the remaining are being handled.
Three fireplace tenders have been pressed into service and the blaze is now below management on the petrol pump, officers mentioned.
“Our precedence is to make sure that the fireplace doesn’t unfold to the 2 different tanks containing petrol and diesel,” Commissioner of Police SS Sarangi mentioned.
He requested IOCL to take instant measures to evacuate the gas from the 2 tankers.
The reason for the blaze is but to be ascertained, Mr Sarangi added.
In the meantime, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik mentioned the state authorities will bear the price of therapy of the injured and wished them speedy restoration.